Registration for Saturday EMPO events is from 10:00 am - noon and Sunday events is from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm, unless otherwise noted.
Entry fees for standard EMPO events are as follows:
- EMPO members: $5 with a $13 maximum per family (for those with an EMPO family membership)
- non-members: $10 with a $25 maximum per family
- large groups: $5/$10 (member/non-member) for the first two groups' maps and $5 for each additional map
- first-timer or white (orienteering novice) course: $5 (both member and non-member)
- Fall Scout-O event: $4 per map (one map required per Scout)
- SI stick rental ("stick"=timing chip; most courses use electronic timing--also called e-punching--from SportIdent): $2
[You can purchase your own stick, from one of several vendors listed here: Orienteering USA vendors page; or from EMPO if any are still for sale.]
Maps (without a course) may be purchased for $5 per copy.
Wondering what all the symbols on the 'clue sheets' (control descriptions) mean? Check out this guide.
Join Empire Orienteering Club!
Our membership form is found on the Club Information page (and by clicking the link above).
For directions to the park and information about the map, click on the park's name in the schedule below.
To find other orienteering events, check one of the following links (or check out the schedules of other clubs in the region, listed below the schedule):
For additional events, try the following area clubs: