Mail address: PO Box 51, Clifton Park, NY 12065
(see more about membership below)
EMPO Club Officers
President: Phil Hawkes-Teeter
Vice President: Frank Boscoe
Secretary: Eric Hamilton
Treasurer: Janet Tryson
Ski-O: Eric Hamilton
Scouts: Gabor Bobok / Bill Jameson
Publicity: Bob Lange
Equipment Manager: Glen Tryson
Map Librarian: Phil Hawkes-Teeter
O-In-Schools Coordinator: Sue Hawkes-Teeter
EMPO Club Business
Membership application form
EMPO membership entitles you to EMPO's newsletter and reduced event fees.
For more information, or to join, contact Empire Orienteering Club, or come to any of our meets.
||Jan 1 - Jun 30
||Jul 1 - Oct
||Nov 1 - Dec 31
|Student (college undergrad or younger)
|Individual (21 and older)
|Membership good until
||Dec 31 of the same
||Dec 31 of the following year
||Dec 31 of the following year
Entry fees for EMPO events are as follows (per map):
Maps (without a course) may be purchased for $5 per copy.
- EMPO members (or any other chartered NY orienteering club, USOF/COF): $5 with a $13 maximum per family (for those with an EMPO family membership)
- non-members: $10 with a $25 maximum per family
- large groups: $5/$10 (member/non-member) for the first two groups' maps and $5 for each
- white (orienteering novice) course: $5 (both member and non-member)
- fall Scout-O event: $4 per map (one map required per Scout)
- SI stick rental (for courses which use electronic timing): $2
Entry fees for EMPO ski-O events are as follows:
- members of EMPO, any other chartered NY orienteering club, USOF/COF, or
NYSSRA: $8 with a $25 family maximum
- non-members: $12 (no family maximum)
- no group discounts
- trail fees may be additional
Orienteering USA Membership
Membership in the national governing body of orienteering, Orienteering USA (previously known as USOF), entitles you to a subscription to Orienteering North America,
discounts at Orienteering USA-sanctioned A-meets, eligibility for US
Championships, voting rights, and membership in the International
Orienteering Federation. For more information, see the Orienteering USA webpage
In 2011, 30 members of our club were members of OUSA (counting "2" for each family membership). We'd like to see more EMPO members join Orienteering USA.
Reasons to support the national organization:
1. Orienteering USA puts out a publication (ONA) that is part of your membership (except for Junior memberships). This is a good way to find out about national events and what is going on across the country.
2. Orienteering USA membership offers a discount when registering for A-meets (including ones we hold!).
3. Orienteering USA provides low cost insurance (group rate; paid with our annual club recharter) that allows us to hold meets and apply for land use permits from the State Parks. We wouldn't be able to use our great State Park maps without this insurance coverage.
Lets say thank you for the support and join Orienteering USA.
Make a donation to support EMPO's ongoing mapping and educational efforts
- Via Paypal
- Or send a check payable to Empire Orienteering Club to P.O. Box 51, Clifton Park, NY 12065